Water Leak Detection Perth
Call Us Now on 0401 545 471 or Complete the Form Below for a Fast, Free Quote!
"After waiting 5 days for our insurer to send a plumber to fix a water leak I decided enough was enough and called Aus Star Plumbing & Gas. They fixed the problem in no time at all."
Verified Google Review - Lee Milward
Can you hear water running when nothing is being used in the house? Or have you received an unusually high water bill? Then call Aus Star Plumbing and Gas on 0401 5454 471 and we can use our Water Leak Detection to search and locate it for you. We will then use our Water Leak Repair tools and techniques to fix the leak no matter where it is located.
We use acoustic equipment that picks up water leaking from pipes underground or in the walls and these pipes make an audible sound that our equipment picks up that you may not hear. We can then use Water Leak Repair thermal imaging to locate the approximate area of the water leak and fix it for you.
How to check if you have a leak?
- Turn off anything that uses water like retic, taps to toilet and hot water unit
- Locate your water meter and see if the numbers are moving, sometimes it’s best to take a photo with your phone then go sit down and have a cup of tea and go back and take another photo 10-15 minutes later to see if it has moved.
- If the numbers have moved and you haven’t used anything water then you need to call Aus Star Plumbing and Gas on 0401 545 471 and we will come and locate the leak and fix it for you. If you then get a high water bill, we can also submit a leak allowance form to Water Corp on your behalf to see if you qualify for a rebate.
Where is my Water Meter?
Do you know where you water meter is encase you have a burst pipe?
Water leaks going unnoticed can cause a lot of damage to your property so it’s always good to know where your water meter is located and check it from time to time to ensure it’s not ticking away when you aren’t using water.
Some people have no idea where theirs is located and this can cause a lot of dramas when you have water running everywhere in your house. Water Corp have this tool that tells you where your meter is located https://mywater.com.au/css-web-external/pub/propertySearch?_ga=2.261616266.607262847.1537409637-783372098.1536200157
When you located your meter it’s best to keep it clear from bushes and shrubs so it is easily accessible when you need it and also helps when you get your meter read.
Signs of a Possible Water Leak or Burst Pipe
- Visible water damage on the walls such as peeling paint, flaky plaster near taps and fittings
- Low Rumbling noise or sound of running water that doesn't seem to go away when taps are not running
- Loss of water pressure in your system
- Water pooling in an area outside could indicate a broken underground pipe
Are you a new home owner? Here's a list of Plumbing and Hot Water issues to look out for in your new home > Plumbing and Hot Water Issues
Aus Star Plumbing and Gas: Water Leak Specialists in Perth
When it comes to water leaks, you'll want nothing but the best. Aus Star Plumbing and Gas are your water leak specialists in Perth. Our highly trained and experienced technicians have the skills and knowledge to quickly and accurately diagnose and repair any water leak. With the non-invasive methods we use, your leaks can be detected without any damage to your house in the process.
The advanced state-of-the-art equipment used to detect these leaks means the job will be done and the leak fixed properly – the first time! So once a leak is suspected, don’t wait until the leak creates further problems, costs you a small fortune in lost water & gas and repair costs down the track, or affects your property value – call Aus Star on 0401 545 471 to come sniff out your leak and get it sorted, promptly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Is there a device to detect water leaks?
Aus Star Plumbing and Gas uses unique acoustic water leak detection equipment to search and locate water leaking from pipes underground or in the walls. We then use our water leak repair tools and techniques to fix the leak no matter where it is located.
How do I know if my water is leaking underground, inside my house?
- The water pressure will considerably drop when using appliances like your shower, taps etc.
- Unusual noises in your pipes like splashing or gurgling
- Discolouration of water coming from taps
- The appearance of mould without a clear indication of the source
- An unpleasant sewage smell
- An increase in your water bill without changes in water usage habits
Where do most water leaks occur?
Plumbing fixtures like taps, drains, nozzles and valves are some of the most common places for water leaks. A constant drip of water is not only annoying but is a sign of unusual water activity and can lead to significant water bills if not inspected thoroughly.
What is a water leak sensor?
A water leak sensor is a useful tool that helps detect water leaks in your home. Place the water leak alarm in areas of your home that are susceptible to water leaks like under sinks, behind the washing machine, etc.
Can water leak through a concrete floor?
When concrete sets, water evaporates and creates air pockets and veins through which water can travel. Concrete will also absorb humidity, if the humidity in the air is higher than the humidity in the concrete.
What happens if water gets under a concrete slab?
Water leaks can damage the concrete and erode the soil around it. Over time, it may cause the foundation to move, leading to cracked floors and walls. In extreme cases, it can lead to the collapse of home structures.
How common are water leaks in homes?
Roughly 10% of homes have water leaks. Water leaks are easily fixed and can annually save trillions of litres of water currently wasted nationwide.