Water leakage can damage your house or place of business. In some cases, you may be forced to shut down your business operations due to water leakage. It can take time and money to recover from water damage. It is cheaper to prevent water leakage before they cause more damage to your house or business.
Here are tips to prevent water leakage:
Prevent Water Leakage: Interior
- Check the hose connections on water supply lines to your appliances, including dishwashers, ice makers, washing machines and more. Ensure the connections are secure.
- Re-caulk and re-grout around your tubs, showers and sinks. Repair any missing or loose tiles and leaking shower pans.
- If there are signs of deterioration on the washing machine hose, replace the hose immediately. It is even better to replace the washing machine hose once every 3 to 5 years.
- Follow the instructions of the manufacturer to maintain the equipment and appliances in your home. For instance, a tankless water heater, water filtering systems and a water softener need regular maintenance and service.
- Hire a licenced HVAC contractor to inspect and maintain your air conditioner. The professional will make sure no clogs are clogging the drain lines of the air conditioner.
Prevent Water Leakage: Exterior
- If your roofing materials are damaged or deteriorating, hire a professional roofer to replace them. Replacing the roofing materials can prevent roof leaks.
- Remove the debris on the downspouts, eaves and gutters to allow water to drain. This will prevent the formation of water pools in the roof.
- Add insulation and ventilation to your attic to reduce the chance of ice dams and increase the lifespan of your roof. Water can back up under roofing because of the ice dams.
- Hiring a professional to install insulation materials increases their life. However, you need to choose thick and high-quality insulation material to improve the effectiveness of the insulation materials.
Water Leak Persists? We Are Just a Phone Call Away
It can take time to notice water leakage in your home. Water leakage can damage your property before you fix it. Some water leakage might not be visible to naked eyes and so It is a good idea to hire a professional plumber to prevent water leakage in your house because of burst pipes. If you are looking for a plumber in Baldivis, Western Australia to get your burst pipe or water leak fixed, then contact Aus Star so the experts can help you repair the leak.