Baldivis is such a beautiful place to live. It shows all the potential as other developing suburbs but with a more natural, preserved beauty. Baldivis’ charming modern houses with tiled roofs and brick walls are perfect for families, retirees, and quiet living.
After buying your new home in Baldivis, you might be overwhelmed with excitement to move into your new home. You may miss out on a few checks and inspections, especially seemingly minor items such as plumbing. So, when you’re faced with a clogged toilet in the middle of the night or an overflowing sink right before dinner, only then does reality hit you. You should have checked the plumbing as soon as you moved in.
New Home Plumbing Checklist
Whenever you buy a new home, always do a plumbing inspection as soon as you move in. Go through the house and check the following:
- Toilets. Flush each one and make sure they drain and fill up properly.
- Showers and faucets. Run each shower and turn on all your taps. Take note of the water pressure, especially from the showers. Low pressure means there is a leak somewhere and you should call a plumber to find it.
- Sinks and drains. As you run your taps, check how effectively the water drains out. Offensive smells are an indicator that something is wrong, and it would be best to call a plumber to check it out.
- Water heater. Find the source of your hot water and check the system for any corroding parts.
- Pipes. Make a quick inspection under your house to see the condition of the pipes.
- Septic tank or wastewater system. If your home has one, you should ensure that it’s not giving off strange smells. A faulty septic tank may also cause leaks in your house and garden.
You can do the visual inspections yourself or hire a professional plumber in Baldivis. It would be best to do these plumbing inspections with an experienced plumber, as they would know whether the system is working properly or not. Get these issues out of the way so that you can enjoy your new home to the fullest.