5 Top Tips For Choosing A Quality Plumbing Company
1. Licenced and InsuredChoosing a plumbing company that is licensed and fully insured with the Master Plumbers & Gasfitters Association will ensure that you will be issued with a certificate of compliance that will provide a 6-year guarantee on workmanship for completion of jobs over the value of $750, (including the cost of materials) or on any gas job regardless of the value. However, registered plumbers are not authorised to supply a Certificate of Compliance.
2. Transparent Pricing and Upfront Quotes
- Choose a company that provides a fixed price quote and not an hourly rate for their services.
- To avoid paying more on a fixed-price quote, find out if the quote includes materials that are not required for your particular job; and that the labour time allowed for completing the job is not excessive for the job quoted.
- Even if the ad says “No Call-Out Fees”, look for a “Quote Fee” that could amount to anything between $60 and $90.
3. Customer ServiceAlthough the expertise of a plumber is not inherently linked to good customer service, the initial response from a polite greeting will set the tone for the rest of your dealings with the company. It is often an indication that the company is interested in your business and that the plumber will be expected to complete the job precisely in the allotted time. Avoid hiring a company that barely pays attention to your call as you will probably have to deal with a plumber who arrives late and considers the job as just another tick-off on his schedule. A good customer service person will be able to provide answers to most of your questions without making you feel like a nuisance.
4. Guarantees and After-Service SupportFind out if the plumbing company provides warranties and that the workmanship will be covered by the warranty. Many plumbing brands require that only authorised dealers or plumbers may perform any work on their products to ensure the validity of their warranties. Consult the guidelines of your dealer warranty before contacting a plumbing company to work on your plumbing system. You also want to know that, should something go wrong in the near future, repairs will be done at no additional cost backed by a warranty that guarantees quality and reliability of materials and workmanship.
5. Go LocalHiring a local plumbing company will ensure a fast response time and 24/7 availability for emergencies. Contact Aus Star Plumbing & Gas for all your household plumbing needs. We look forward to answering any questions you may have before committing to choosing us as your trusted partner for any present or future plumbing issues you may have.
There are several reasons solar hot water systems are becoming popular in Australia. It allows Australians to enjoy free solar energy. It reduces their energy costs. It saves them on their water heating bills. It decreases their house’s carbon footprint. And it increases the value of their property.
Here are 5 top reasons to install a solar hot water system.
1. Lower Your Energy Costs
Installing a solar hot water system lowers your energy costs. In fact, you may not spend any money to heat your water because the sun is free. You do not have to worry about price hikes or fuel shortages in the future. Lowering your energy costs can save you money.
2. Lower Your Electricity Bill
You will mostly depend on solar energy, which is free. So, your water heating bills will drop by up to 90%. You can still use your solar panels during the winter months. Use your solar panels to charge your home solar batteries during the day. Then, use the batteries to heat your water at night.
3. Government Rebates
The government offers rebates to some West Australians. Check if you are eligible for the government rebates. If you are eligible, apply for the scheme. The scheme reduces the cost of installing solar panels and battery systems.
4. Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
Solar hot water system does not release greenhouse gases. Using a solar hot water system for several years can help prevent tons of carbon dioxide emissions. However, using natural gas or an electric water heater generates greenhouse gases.
5. Increase Your Home’s Value
Installing a solar hot water system can make your home more attractive to potential buyers. So, they are more likely to pay more for your home. They know they will save more money in the long term. In fact, homes with solar sell faster than homes without solar.
It is important to hire a professional plumber to install or repair your solar hot water system. Want to hire the best plumbers in Perth, Western Australia? Contact Aus Star Plumbing and Gas for a fast, FREE quote here; https://ausstarplumbing.com.au
Hot water baths and showers are heaven-sent, especially during the cold seasons. Fortunately, technology has led to the availability of water heaters to enable hot water supply to households. Normally, water heaters can be powered by solar energy, electricity or gas. This article will focus on why gas-powered water heater units are the best option.
5 Advantages of Gas Hot Water Units
1. Faster in Heating Water
Gas water heaters do not require much time to heat water. This is because they have higher working and recovery speeds. That said, these types of heaters are ideal for large households with a high demand for hot water supply.
2. Availability of Clean Water
Tankless gas water heaters can heat and boil water from pipes hence purifying it. These heaters also do not collect rust or any hard minerals hence the cleanliness of the water. Alternatively, storage gas water heaters that collect rust or mineral deposits can be properly maintained to solve the problem.
3. Lower Energy Consumption
The use of natural gases such as propane in gas water heaters helps to significantly reduce the cost of heating water. Propane is far much cheaper than electricity meaning that these heaters help to save a lot of money.
4. Easy Installation Process
Gas water heaters are easy to install unlike other types of heaters. Installation is even easier for homes with an existing gas line. Additionally, they can be installed indoors or outdoors.
5. They are a Safer Option
Since most gas water heaters use propane gas, there is less emission of harmful gases into the environment. This is because propane is non-toxic and has minimum negative effects on the environment.
The Important Role of a Professional Plumber:
Installation of gas water is cheap and easy, but only when done by a qualified professional. Contact Aus Star Plumbing and Gas today and have your gas water heaters installed in Perth by an expert. You will also enjoy our fair pricing systems that are customised as per your needs!
The availability of hot running water is essential for everyday living. We expect hot water to flow automatically when the tap is turned on but often neglect to ensure that the system is properly maintained. It is estimated that the average person could utilise various degrees of heated water up to 20 times per day – from cooking to laundry and showering to frequent hand washing.
When this usage is multiplied by the number of household members it can be seen that a great demand could be placed on the water heating system to constantly perform at optimal levels. Under normal circumstances, water heaters have an average lifespan of around ten years. Although regular maintenance can help prolong its life, sooner or later even the best quality water heater will eventually need to be replaced.
Signs You Need To Service Your Hot Water System
Recognising certain signs that your Baldivis hot water system needs servicing will avoid small problems from becoming a major and costly headache. Here are some of the early warning signs that you need to call a plumber right away:
- No Hot Water or Inconsistent Heat
If there is no hot water it is obvious that something is seriously wrong. However, heat fluctuations are an early warning sign that a build-up of mineral deposits is interfering with the heating process. If the heating element is blocked it can lead to overheating of the tank itself and should be attended to as soon as possible.
- Low Pressure from Hot Water Taps
Mineral deposits building up in the pipes leading to the water heater can cause blockages that hinder the water from flowing freely. Water pressure is affected when the water flow is blocked or restricted. The tank will need to be flushed out and cleaned to remove all traces of mineral build-up.
- Strange Noises from Hot Water Taps
Sudden strange noises when the hot water is turned on means that the water flow is being trapped beneath a layer of mineral build-up. Popping, cracking, and banging noises occur when too much pressure has built up, causing the trapped water to push its way past the blockage. Once again, the tank will need to be flushed out and cleaned by a licensed plumber to ensure it is done correctly.
- Water Pooling Around the Base of the Water Heater
Signs that the water heater is sweating or leaking is one of the most alarming signs of serious trouble that should be attended to immediately. If left unattended, too much strain, pressure, or heat over time could fracture the water heater and even cause it to rupture. If there are signs that the water heater is leaking or losing water you should call an expert right away to have the problem taken care of.
Why Service Your Hot Water System?
Water with a high mineral content can cause build-ups in the pipes and tank of your hot water system that can have serious negative effects. Built-up corrosion and rust can cause components such as relief valves, pressure valves, anodes, tempering valves, and the element or thermocouple of the system to fail. Regular maintenance can ensure a trouble-free hot water system and prolong the life span of your water heater. Neglecting to do so can have devastating and costly effects. Not only will servicing ensure that the system is running efficiently, but it can also prevent a disaster like a tank rupturing prematurely.
In addition to flushing and cleaning the tank to remove mineral build-up, these valves need to be serviced at least once every 6 months. Ceased valves can cause a pressure build-up that can lead to the tank becoming ruptured and even exploding, endangering the lives of people.
If you discover any of the above signs that your heater is in urgent need of a service, please call Aus Star Plumbing & Gas and one of our experienced Baldivis plumbers will be happy to help you with any problems you may be having with your hot water system.
Baldivis is such a beautiful place to live. It shows all the potential as other developing suburbs but with a more natural, preserved beauty. Baldivis’ charming modern houses with tiled roofs and brick walls are perfect for families, retirees, and quiet living.
After buying your new home in Baldivis, you might be overwhelmed with excitement to move into your new home. You may miss out on a few checks and inspections, especially seemingly minor items such as plumbing. So, when you’re faced with a clogged toilet in the middle of the night or an overflowing sink right before dinner, only then does reality hit you. You should have checked the plumbing as soon as you moved in.
New Home Plumbing Checklist
Whenever you buy a new home, always do a plumbing inspection as soon as you move in. Go through the house and check the following:
- Toilets. Flush each one and make sure they drain and fill up properly.
- Showers and faucets. Run each shower and turn on all your taps. Take note of the water pressure, especially from the showers. Low pressure means there is a leak somewhere and you should call a plumber to find it.
- Sinks and drains. As you run your taps, check how effectively the water drains out. Offensive smells are an indicator that something is wrong, and it would be best to call a plumber to check it out.
- Water heater. Find the source of your hot water and check the system for any corroding parts.
- Pipes. Make a quick inspection under your house to see the condition of the pipes.
- Septic tank or wastewater system. If your home has one, you should ensure that it’s not giving off strange smells. A faulty septic tank may also cause leaks in your house and garden.
You can do the visual inspections yourself or hire a professional plumber in Baldivis. It would be best to do these plumbing inspections with an experienced plumber, as they would know whether the system is working properly or not. Get these issues out of the way so that you can enjoy your new home to the fullest.
Have you ever experienced home issues caused by the pipes? How about pipes bursting? Such issues can range from minor inconveniences to total disasters, not to mention that they cost you time and money. In such cases, always get in touch with an expert Baldivis Plumber.
So, why does this happen anyway?
What Causes Pipes to Burst?
A significant increase in water pressure in the pipes, usually caused by a clogged pipe, often results in plumbing problems. Eventually, the pipe reaches its maximum capacity, expands, and bursts.
How do the pipes get clogged up, anyway? Common culprits include trash, fats, oil, sink, or other foreign materials that usually get drained in the toilet and shower.
Before reaching the point where it bursts, damaged piping from water leakage or corroded pipes must be addressed. Fixing a water leak is a lot easier and cheaper than a pipe burst. Therefore, the earlier you get that water leak fixed, the better.
Pipes bursting inside are evident. Outside, however, it’s not always the case. Exploding external pipes are usually caused by tree roots that grow too big and too fast from the damp environment. This adds more pressure into the pipes, damaging it, and leading to a burst.
What Damage Can Be Caused by a Burst Pipe?
Knowing what causes the pipes to burst is good, but what happens when the damaged pipes end up bursting? Below are the scenarios anyone would not want to find themselves in!
Usually, it’s the kitchen and toilet and bathroom plumbing that gets the damage the most. With this, it often leads to indoor flooding, which is a big hassle for everyone.
Pests and Bacteria in Stagnant Water
Still water from damaged pipes attracts pests like mosquitoes and bacteria that cause mould and mildew. These are often harmful to the health of the residents of a home.
One of the most critical effects of pipes bursting is the damage to the building’s overall structure. If the foundations or load-bearing walls of your home or building are compromised, this can cause critical safety issues.
Avoid all of these issues by regular pipe maintenance! And in case you suspect your property’s plumbing may have problems, contact Aus Star Plumbing and Gas today.
Talk to Aus Star Plumbing & Gas Today if You Think You Have a Burst Pipe
Why Aus Star for burst pipe repair in Baldivis? Below is a quick rundown of reasons.
- Reliable, trustworthy, fully insured, and with police clearance,
- No surprise added fees,
- No messy work, from a mat for tools and equipment then cleans up after,
- Signed and certified by a reputable WA Company,
- Lifetime warranty on certain products, and
- Brad, leads the stellar Aus Star team with his expertise as a former professional carpenter and now a licensed plumber.
In the City of Rockingham, areas without a sewerage system must have an on-site water waste treatment facility such as septic tanks.
Together with The Water Corporation, the local government is installing main sewers around the city as part of the Infill Sewer Programme. Properties in these areas must connect to the sewer for the time frame decided by the Water Corporation.
When Should You Decommission Your Septic Tanks?
However, property owners connected to the sewer main must decommission their existing septic tanks and effluent disposal system – should any of the following situations arise:
- There is a change in ownership of the property. Time allotted to decommission: 60 days
- There is a material change in how the property is being used – such as residential to commercial. Time allotted to decommission: 60 days
- If there will be a new building on the premises and the foundations will be built closer than 1.2m to the septic tank. Only after the septic tank is decommissioned can the construction begin. Time allotted to decommission: 60 days
- If a new building will be constructed right above the septic tank system or closer than 1.8m to a soak well or leach drain. Only after the septic tank is decommissioned can the construction begin. Time allotted to decommission: 60 days
For building constructions within 1.8m from a decommissioned septic tank, the entire on-site water waste treatment system needs to be removed. Merely filling up the septic tank will not be enough.
What is a Decommissioned Septic Tank?
Decommissioning is the process of pumping all septic tanks, leach drains, and soak wells empty by a licensed waste contractor.
Once the septic tanks are emptied, it must be removed entirely. Another alternative is to have the lids and bases of the septic tanks broken and filled with clean sand.
If an on-site water waste system becomes decommissioned, the local Health Services team must be informed. A Statement of Advice document is available, and the property owner must fill this out.
The form includes information such as the name and business name of the owner, address of the decommissioned water waste disposal system, and the specific works done to decommission with the necessary certificates attached.
Related Post: Airoxy Sewage Treatment Plants – Ideal For Treating Waste Water From Small And Medium-Sized Communities
Generally speaking, your water heater makes up approximately 18 per cent of your utility bill. A gas hot water system is likely to be less expensive than an electric system since natural gas costs less than electricity. Let us first take a look at the pros and cons of gas and electric water heating systems. If you’ve been searching online for a ‘gas hot water system’, this article might come in handy.
What does a gas hot water system cost?
The debate about gas hot water systems and electric hot water systems boils down to the operating cost. Since natural gas tends to be less expensive than electricity, gas water heating systems are cheaper. However, if you already don’t have access to natural gas in your home, the installation cost of a gas line would be rather high. But if you do have access to natural gas and you’ve been on the lookout for offers on ‘gas hot water systems’, you are on the right track as far as energy cost savings go.
Gas Hot Water Systems vs Electric Water Heaters Comparison
There are advantages and disadvantages to both systems. Gas hot water systems entail less operating costs in comparison to electric systems. While electric systems last about 12 years, gas systems last about 13 years. Gas water heating systems take less time to reheat the water. However, electric water heating systems are more efficient and you won’t have to worry about heat loss. Gas heaters lose heat through venting. But on the other hand, you can use a gas hot water system even during a power outage.
Making your decision
The system that best suits your household depends on a number of factors such as the availability of fuel, the size of your family, safety concerns and your budget. Therefore, it is highly recommended to consult a plumbing company in Baldivis to get technical advice before you make a final decision between gas and electric water heating systems.
Maybe a Tankless Hot Water System is better suited for your home?
A long, warm shower is one of the easiest ways to relax after a long day. With a new hot water system, you’ll be able to do just that. If you’re worried that your old water tank won’t keep up with your needs, it might be time to look into investing into tankless instant hot water systems.
Here are 7 Reasons Why To Choose An Instantaneous Gas Hot Water System
1: Continuous water supply
Unlike traditional hot water tank heaters that can only supply a limited amount of hot water at a time. Instantaneous hot water systems guarantee continuous hot water flow because water is heated per demand.
2: Energy savings
Getting rid of a large tank means not having to burn energy to keep the stored water hot 24/7. An instant hot water system only operates when you need it so you can cut down energy costs significantly.
3: Less bulk
Just imagine not having to deal with a large storage tank in your home since instant hot water systems are just the size of a small suitcase.
Instant hot water systems are proven to have lower carbon dioxide output than that of traditional electric storage hot water systems.
While traditional storage-tank water heaters only last for up to 12 years, instantaneous hot water systems are built to last for up to 20 years.
6: Clean water
Having a tankless heating system means getting fresh and clean water that’s not stored in a tank for a long time.
7: No bacteria growth
Without a tank, water is not stored for a long time that may cause bacterial growth. Instant hot water systems only heat water to 50 degrees Celsius when you need it so there are no chances of scalding, which promotes a breeding ground for bacteria that cause diseases like Legionellosis or pneumonia.
So, what are you waiting for? Find out how you can switch to an instant hot water system today!
The past few years have seen the evolution of hot water heaters and today. One of the best options that you have in the market is a gas hot water system. But is it really worth the investment? In this article, we look at a few key reasons why people are switching to tankless hot water systems.
- An instantaneous gas hot water system may be a bit more expensive than a traditional tank water heater, but it is more cost efficient in the long run. This is because water is only heated when needed, unlike your old heater where the temperature in the tank must be constantly maintained even if you’re not using it. That means that you get to cut down energy usage and reduce utility bills significantly.
- Instant gas hot water systems are perfect for small spaces since they’re only as small as a suitcase. This means you don’t have to deal with a bulky hot water tank taking up valuable space just to enjoy a warm bath. This makes them perfect for those living in condominiums, apartments and homes with small spaces.
- A tankless hot water system delivers continuous hot water flow. It’s connected directly to your water source and not a This means that you get instant hot water on demand without worrying that hot water might not be sufficient for the entire family. And we all know that helps to make a happy home.
- According to research, burners used in tankless water heaters are more energy-efficient. They can last up to 15 years, especially with proper care and maintenance.
Of course, an instant gas hot water system also has its own limitations. Perhaps the biggest challenge that you might face is the installation process, which can be more complicated than usual.
But you don’t have to worry about the installation because you can always get in touch with Aus Star Plumbing and Gas, plumber in Baldivis to get the job done for you. Before you know it, your tankless gas hot water system is ready for you and the family to enjoy.
Aus star Plumbing and Gas offer a wide range of Water Heaters.