If you run a Google search for ‘hot water system Perth’, you’ll come across numerous offerings. But, basically, there are four main types of hot water systems available in the market. Our brief yet comprehensive guide can help you choose the most suitable hot water system for your house.
Electric Hot Water System
This is the most common type of water heater in Perth homes. Powered by electricity, these are the cheapest systems out there and the easiest to install.
- The upfront cost is rather low
- Offers convenience and easy usage
- The systems are compact and do not require a lot of space
- Provides hot water on demand
- Could be expensive in the long run
- The system depends solely on electricity
- Electric heaters are ideal for small families that use a moderate amount of water.
Gas hot water systems are good for large families as these systems offer rapid heating and a higher recovery rate.
- Absence of daily tariffs
- Higher recovery rate
- Rapid heating
- The cost of operation is low
- Access to plenty of hot water
- Higher upfront cost
- Gas leakage may lead to explosions
- Has your Gas Hot Water system come to a premature end?
Solar Hot Water System
The solar hot water system is the most environmentally friendly water heating system out of the four. While the initial cost is high, in the long term, you’ll be able to save a lot.
- Low running cost
- Higher efficiency
- Access to government rebates
- The initial cost is rather high
- Low levels of sunshine can affect the system’s performance
- Installation requires a lot of roof space
Heat pump systems draw natural heat from their surroundings to produce hot water. This system is one of the most efficient ones in the market. Hot pump heaters are ideal for large families that live in warmer localities.
- Higher efficiency
- Lower operating cost
- The lifespan is much longer
- The initial cost is high
- The system requires ample ventilation
The best heating system for your home depends on the availability of fuel, the size of your family and your budget. Call us today to get in touch with a professional plumber in Baldivis before you make a decision.